Provider and Healthcare Staff Training and Education Resources
Advanced Health maintains a Network Provider Training and Education Plan in an effort to offer providers and their staff valuable, informative and culturally responsive training opportunities.
These trainings are also opportunities for providers and healthcare clinicians to meet the HB 2011 requirements – specific regulatory boards requiring regulated professionals to complete cultural competency continuing education.
For questions, to sign up for training, if we can assist or support you in your provider and clinic team training and education plans, or if you have ideas on training presenters or curriculum, please contact Shena Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also work with staff to develop a tracking and reporting process for completed trainings.
UPDATED 2023 Provider Network Training Opportunities!
• ResCUE Model for Cross-Cultural Clinical Care
• Ensuring High-Quality Care for Individuals with Limited English Proficiency
History of Racism in US Health Care: Root Causes of Today’s Hierarchy and Systems of Power (presented by National Health Equity Grand Rounds)
In health care, we are united by our belief in providing the highest quality care to every patient. To do so, we must better understand the past, and work intentionally toward a healthier future.
This inaugural event in the National Health Equity Grand Rounds series will highlight the root causes of present-day health inequities by tracing the social, economic, political, geographic, and environmental forces that shape opportunity for health in the United States. Keynote speaker Harriet A. Washington, MA, author of Medical Apartheid, will explore the history of structural inequities in health care and unethical medical experimentation followed by a panel conversation moderated by American Medical Association (AMA) Chief Health Equity Officer Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH, and featuring Rupa Marya, MD, Jack Resneck, Jr., MD, and David Ansell, MD, MPH.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit will be offered at no cost to attendees. This activity has been approved for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ *
Click HERE to Register
Tobacco Cessation Counseling Training –
No-Cost, CME-accredited webinar for clinicians
What: Tobacco cessation counseling online training for all types of providers and care team members. This training is a self-paced, online training that focuses on the Brief Tobacco Intervention and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
When: Available now. The training takes approximately 45 minutes. This self-paced course can be started, paused and resumed later as needed.
Access the training: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/dsi-tc/Pages/tobacco-cessation.aspx
See more details here: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/dsi-tc/Pages/tobacco-cessation.aspx
Free online trauma-informed approach training modules –
Trauma Informed Oregon has created four FREE self-directed online training modules on the foundations of a trauma informed approach. Each module includes a content video, an additional “Voices from the Community” video that highlights how trauma informed care is being implemented in a specific community, additional resources that you can read to further your learning, questions that can be used for personal reflection, and a content quiz followed by a certificate of completion. The four modules have a total run time of about 75 minutes and can be completed at your own pace.
- Introduction to Trauma Informed Care Training Modules
- Module 1: What is Trauma Informed Care? walks you through the principles that serve as the foundation for trauma informed care. This module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Module 2: Why is Trauma Informed Care Important? walks you through why trauma informed care should be incorporated into organizations and systems. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Module 3: Trauma Specific, Trauma Sensitive, Trauma Informed walks you through the basic differences between trauma specific services and trauma informed care. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Module 4: A Brief Overview of NEAR Science walks you through the collection of fields of study that include Neurobiology, Epigenetics, ACEs and Resilience. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria