Upcoming Trainings and Events
2021 Announcement – Provider Network Training Opportunity Extended!
Advanced Health would like to support your team in completing trainings related to cultural competency. We can work with staff to develop a tracking and reporting process for completed trainings. Training opportunities will be posted below:
For questions, if we can assist or support you in your provider and clinic team training and education plans, or if you have ideas on training presenters or curriculum, please contact Shena Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tobacco Cessation Counseling Training –
No-Cost, CME-accredited webinar for clinicians
What: Tobacco cessation counseling online training for all types of providers and care team members. This training is a self-paced, online training that focuses on the Brief Tobacco Intervention and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
When: Available now. The training takes approximately 45 minutes. This self-paced course can be started, paused and resumed later as needed.
Access the training: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/dsi-tc/Pages/tobacco-cessation.aspx
See more details here: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/dsi-tc/Pages/tobacco-cessation.aspx
Free online trauma-informed approach training modules –
Trauma Informed Oregon has created four FREE self-directed online training modules on the foundations of a trauma informed approach. Each module includes a content video, an additional “Voices from the Community” video that highlights how trauma informed care is being implemented in a specific community, additional resources that you can read to further your learning, questions that can be used for personal reflection, and a content quiz followed by a certificate of completion. The four modules have a total run time of about 75 minutes and can be completed at your own pace.
- Introduction to Trauma Informed Care Training Modules
- Module 1: What is Trauma Informed Care? walks you through the principles that serve as the foundation for trauma informed care. This module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Module 2: Why is Trauma Informed Care Important? walks you through why trauma informed care should be incorporated into organizations and systems. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Module 3: Trauma Specific, Trauma Sensitive, Trauma Informed walks you through the basic differences between trauma specific services and trauma informed care. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Module 4: A Brief Overview of NEAR Science walks you through the collection of fields of study that include Neurobiology, Epigenetics, ACEs and Resilience. This module takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.